Purple Dots

Saturday, 29 October 2011

Felt 'n' Fibre Bows at Pre-school

On Friday Summer, Tommy & I headed off to Lambie Street pre-school in town for our usual drop off for Summer, but today was a bit special as I was asked if I'd share my crafty skills with the children.  So, armed with a big bag of wool, silk and other fibres, including angelina, we set up our table for the fun ahead.  Lots of PVA glue (watered down a bit), brushes, fibres, cling film/wrap and numerous bowls to cover.  I showed the children how to wrap the bowls and place upside down on another piece of cling film/wrap, then slather it in PVA glue and next to start pulling and thinning out the wool and placing it on the PVA'd bows, then add more PVA, more wool ... you get the picture!  We left the bowls to dry over the weekend and I pulled them apart when I next took Summer in so that the odd damp bowl could dry out properly and on Friday just gone (28th) the bowls were put out on display with a lovely 'thank you' from the children and they gave me a big thank you card to take home, so here it is.  I hope to get a picture up of all the bowls together that I think someone might have taken so you can see what wonderful bowls the children made.



No comments: