Purple Dots

Thursday, 27 October 2011

Contemporary Craft Retreat

I had a fab crafty weekend away a couple of weeks ago (14-16th Oct) in Canberra at the Contemporary Craft Retreat that Lex Sorrentino organised (http://www.contemporarycraftretreat.com.au/).  The last time I did any kind of craft course was over 5 yrs ago and that was a week long one at Missenden Abbey before we emigrated here!  I wish that there had been more time to do more classes as there were so many I wanted to attend, maybe next year!  As it was, I attended 4 classes; Bio Bowl Felting with Polymer Clay Features with Wilma Simmons, Funtastic Plastic with Kathy Guertz, Photopolymer Plates with Lara Le Reveur and Seated Lady using Paverpol with Denise Keeley.  I had a great time, met some new crafty people and made some great connections as well as learning lots.  The retreat will be on again next year from 12-14th October 2012 in Canberra and I shall most definitely be going again!

Felted Bowl

 Funtastic Plastic Cuff Bracelet

Paverpol Seated Lady


Texture Plate

No comments: