Purple Dots

Sunday, 3 May 2009

Tick Tock!

I've been having a play with my Friendly Plastic again as I wanted to create a watch with a difference. I've been having some trouble with getting the watch head to stay in place in a pleasing way and having played with all sorts of ideas (including cutting down a tuna can!), I've had to stick with rolling some FP and using it to secure it in place, it's a bit messy, so I still need to work on the back to make it look more aesthetically pleasing, but that requires a bit more playing around with the piece. This one is my first attempt, so it's no perfect by any means as it's been heated so many times some of the bits are over melted and a bit wonky, but I LOVE the colours and I can't remember which alcohol inks I used, so I'm making sure that I keep all my recipes written down for any future pieces I make!

No comments: